Monday, July 5, 2010

Movie Monday

We spent our day off going to the movies. We caught a late morning showing of Knight and Day (Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz). While not the best film ever made, it kept us well entertained for a couple of hours. After the movies we just hung out at home for the afternoon. Again it's too hot to go out. The Canadian watched some 'how it's made' shows on TV and I finished filling out a reference questionnaire for C's missionary work application. I had to actually think of three traits of hers she needed improvement on. Besides her love of country music and the lack of estrogen in her household, it was really hard to think of any.

For dinner tonight I made a new recipe out of one of my Giada cookbooks (Everyday Italian). It was pasta with asparagus, smoked mozzarella, basil and prosciutto.
There's no sauce, just gooey smokey cheese and salty prosciutto. Besides the prosciutto and cheese wanting to lump together in big clumps it was delicious. Chris is happy to be taking leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I even managed not to overcook the asparagus as he always claims I do. Heaven forbid I be able to pierce it with a fork.

Hopefully it'll cool down into the 80s before midnight so we can go on a walk tonight. Preferably before we go to the gym at 9:00 pm. I'm getting stove up from sitting on my duff all day. I get paid to do that, I don't want to spend my days off doing it too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey.. just came across ur blog.. really nice 1.. n this pasta looks so tempting.. can ya share this recipie with me.. n now from now onwards m 1 of ur followers. hope 2 u 2 more of u.. tCr.