Friday, July 16, 2010

Week in the Life: Friday

Fridays are my short work day, just four hours in the morning. We work four 9's and a 4. The afternoons usually involve grocery shopping, laundry and a little house cleaning before the Canadian gets home at 5:30 pm.
Fridays are the one work day we can wear shorts and sandals since we're not open to the public, but I just didn't feel like it today.
I geniusly forgot about my standing nail appointment yesterday, but luckily my nail lady could get me in today at noon. Heaven forbid I spend the next two weeks with ghetto nails.
Driving down the hill we got shuffled into a single file lane because the canyon side of Skyway had caught on fire and there were a bunch of fire trucks (and hunky firemen) there. The news said about two acres burned. Like my driving while photographing?
I stopped at Safeway on the way home to pick up the last few items on my shopping list and while there got a Strawberry Nirvana smoothie (made with Splenda) for lunch from the Jamba Juice kiosk.
We're singing a new song at church on Sunday so I printed out the sheet music and practiced it on my recorder. That's how I memorize the tune between Thursday night practice and Sunday service. Anyone need a sweet jazz recorder for their bar mitzvah?
Since it was 103 outside this afternoon I stayed in and read. My friend loaned me this book to read before the movie comes out next month.
My newest Studio Calico scrapbook kit came in the mail this week, but this was the first day I had a chance to unload it and ogle all the goodies. I love these kits, they're the greatest.
'Helloooo ladies'. Friday is family gym night meaning we both go. We both do a round of circuit weights and then Chris heads for the lap pool while I put in some time on the elliptical trainer. We get home around 10:00 pm, shower, play on our laptops, and then zonk out.

Stay tuned for Saturday morning - blueberry pancakes will be making a special guest appearance.

1 comment:

sean said...

Oh no! Is the mustache gone? However will the Canadian get into cop school now?