Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week in the Life: Thursday

Today was the hottest day of the week by far, getting up to 108 in Chico. Who thought that was a good idea? Here's the breakdown on my thundering Thursday:
I was covering for a co-worker today on the building dept counter so I made sure to wear something comfortable for being on my feet all day.
Breakfast on most days is a bowl of old-fashioned oatmeal with a few dried cranberries, a small smattering of chopped pecans, a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a spoonful of Splenda brown sugar blend.
Hubby completely surprised me by showing up at my work today. Timing was perfect for lunch though, so we went down the street to Cozy Diner for some soup, salad and bread.
Whipping up my last Rachael Ray recipe of the week. A mix of bowtie pasta, cherry tomatoes, bacon, lettuce and chopped red onion in a homemade pesto sauce of parmesan cheese, italian parsley, smoked almonds and olive oil. The mustached one liked it.
Did grocery shopping tonight to avoid mid-day 199 degree Friday shopping.
The remnants of my chocolate tres leches cake from CholoMaxx. Apparently eating it was more important that taking a photo of it.

Normally I'd have singing practice on Thursday nights from 7-8:15-ish p.m., but VBS is going on this week so our practice was cancelled. All the more time to spend grocery shopping, oh joy!

No comments: