Saturday, July 24, 2010

Working at the carwash

Today was one of those days that any errands or outdoor plans you had needed to competed by 10:00 am in order to avoid the devastatingly hot afternoon. After a quick breakfast of waffles, Chris snuck off to the garage to tinker while I plopped myself on the couch and read some more of my Eat Pray Love book in between doing laundry, washing dishes and making the bed.

By afternoon we were growing bored of each other and decided to seek out some entertainment. We settled on a trip to Kohl's, for grins and giggles, and Barnes & Noble for magazines and coffee. By the time we got home there was some NASCAR to watch.

I've been driving through a construction zone at the bottom of the Skyway every morning for the last couple of weeks and it's made my car look like I've taken it four-wheelin' so Chris helped me wash Tango tonight.
So fresh and so clean.

I thought I'd throw up a quick blog before heading over to the gym for a late evening swim. On Fridays and Sundays I do weights before my workout so I don't like to swim those nights since I don't really want to straddle the weight machines in my swimsuit and dress cover-up. Kind of weird. Instead I swim on my non-weight lifting nights. Dear Jesus, please don't let there be punk kids cannon-balling into the lap pool tonight. Amen.

2 comments:

Lisa Dovichi said...

*snicker* Is Chris' car named "Cash"?

Susana & Chris said...

Good one! Unfortunately, no. Mine is named Tango because the factory paint color is called Tango Red. Chris' truck is Big Hank (quad cab Ford F250).